Example Teacher Websites
Drill and Practice / Social Sites / Online Tutors
Media for Language Instruction
Visual Recipes - Have students add to the online collection of recipes
Drill and Practice
- Memrise (includes audio pronunciations of words)
- imendi - Vocab Study
- Quizlet - Premade or make your own
Le Journal en français facile
Nightly news from RFI presented in slowly spoken French to help students learn comprehension
Learn French by PodcastMa France - From the BBC - 24 video podcastsMali French - From the Peace Corps
Coffee Break French - podcast
Daily French Podcasts - From French teachers from Paris
University of Texas: Francais interactif - Interactive vocabulary lessons
Learn French from the BBC - Video clips and activities to learn french
1000 images on the tip of my tongue - Idioms
Lernen Wir Deutsch
Slowly Spoken News - Sign up for the daily news feed
Spanish Language & Culture
SpanishPod101 - Podcasts in Spanish from people in 5 Spanish-speaking countries
LingusTV1000 images on the tip of my tongue - Idioms
Repeat after us
Repeat after us
- 6 Minute English iTunes Free Downloads Web Site
- Learn and practice useful English with the BBC.
- Better @ English iTunes Free – Feed – Web Site
- Focuses on conversational English, with an emphasis on idioms and slang.
- Business English iTunes Free Web Site
- Learn the English you will need to function effectively in an American business environment.
- Effortless English iTunes Free Feed Web Site
- It gets solid reviews.
- English as a Second Language iTunes Free Feed Web Site
- A very well liked collection of ESL lessons. Over 100 episodes in the collection.
- English in the Real World - iTunes Free
- The focus here is on the business world and things financial.
- English for Spanish Speakers (’Por Fin Aprende Ingles’) iTunes Free Feed Web Site
- Si usted haya asistido al menos a un curso de ingles, y usted necesita la oportunidad de escuchar al ingles y hablar el ingles, entonces ‘Por Fin Aprende Ingles’ es el podcast perfecto para usted. Presentado por Carla Staufert-Sauvier, una profesora de Mexico, y Jade Lindquist, una profesora de los EE UU.
- ESL Business News iTunes Free Feed Web Site
- A weekly wrap of international business news read in slow, clear English. Listen to the broadcast and follow along in the accompanying script.
- Grammar Girl iTunes Free Feed Web Site
- Grammar Girl provides short, friendly tips to improve your writing. Whether English is your first language or your second language, these grammar, punctuation, style, and business tips will make you a better and more successful writer.
- Speaking English iTunes Free Feed Web Site
- 100+ lessons focusing on English pronunciation and vocabulary.
- The English We Speak - iTunes Free – Web Site
- Each week, the BBC looks at phrases used in the English language.
- Tu Ingles! iTunes Free Feed Web Site
- “Tu Ingles” is designed to help Spanish-speakers improve their ear for English. The weekly program features drills of verb conjugation, interviews, advice about idioms, and excerpts of speeches and other recorded spoken material from famous English speakers.